How to Buy
Due to the technical nature of this product, it is highly recommended that you call us to order.
Step 1. Choose your front shocks. You can browse available front shocks here.
Step 2. Check Brakes - This system utilizes 05-14 S197 front brake systems. If you're looking to upgrade your current brake setup, click here.
CorteX Entry Level Double A-Arm SLA Front Suspension
Vehicles: 2005-2014 S197 Mustang
Designed for use with OEM steering rack, hydraulic or EPAS (not a Mustang II or FOX or SN95 rack)
CorteX short-long arm (SLA) suspension systems (also known as a double-wishbone suspension) are a no-compromise solution for anyone that wants the ultimate handling solution for their vehicle.
There really is no substitute for a properly designed SLA suspension. Compared to a front struts suspension an SLA has superior camber gain, roll center stability, and in most cases additional tire clearance.
Benefits of a Well Designed SLA Suspension
- Speed, lower lap times
- Measured @ 2-4 seconds drop (depending on the length and features of the track on a back-to-back test with the same tires!)
- Much less sensitive to changes in ride height
- For example, lowering the chassis one inch only causes the roll center to drop one inch
- More tire rubber on the ground at any given situation
- Reduced entry and mid-corner understeer without loss of rear-end grip
- Reduced static camber requirement
- Roll center much more stable both vertically and laterally
- Consistent and predictable handling
More Bang for Your Buck
- High-quality damper significantly less expensive
- e.g. double eyelet Coilover shocks are nearly half the cost of equivalent struts which nearly pays for the conversion to SLA.
- Inherently stronger design since components are in tension and compression instead of bending
- Social proof… nearly every supercar uses this suspension type
Competitive Design Advantage
- Quicker and easier to install
- Less expensive and better value
- Utilized more advanced and heavy-duty OEM steering rack including the electronic power assist steering (EPAS)
- Stiffer, more reliable, and more adjustable spindle/hub assembly with integrated wheels speed sensors
- Damper and spring loads are fed into shock towers at the OEM load-bearing point eliminating the excessive deflection found in competitors systems
- Stronger and stiffer k-member, shock mounts, and control arms
- More advanced damper selection
- Wide range of brake system options available
- Easily adjustable roll center
- Radial X street spindles
- Race-Duty Lower Arms (set)
- Upper Control Arms (set)
- UCA Mounts (set)
- Upper shock mounts (set)
- Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Kit
- Bump Steer Kit
- Motor Mounts (set)
- EPAS rack retrofit available for 2005-2010 if desired
Coilovers sold separately. See options above.
Works with OEM brakes for further cost savings.
Due to the custom nature of these kits, we encourage you to call to order. We will work with you to determine the proper shocks, brake system, and steering rack system for your setup.