The Radial-X™ Difference
The drop spindle and hub suspension assembly transfers load and controls the geometry. These lightweight billet spindles offer unsurpassed strength, rigidity, and versatility all in a tidy package.
Unlike others, the Modular Radial-X™ Spindle assembly features 4 components that can be serviced easily (if necessary). Originally designed for aftermarket Ford Mustang SLA systems these spindles have proven to be adaptable to a variety of applications. They are not a true "drop" spindle but instead, make the necessary suspension geometry changes to allow lowering the car to very aggressive ride heights while still accommodating street stances.
Optimized Modular CorteX Design
Features an optimized, highly reconfigurable, simple, modular design for ultimate strength and performance, with ease of inexpensive serviceability.
Ideal for SLA
Light Weight, Strong, Billet Aluminum, approximately 2″ drop spindle set for short-long control arm (SLA) systems, with a bulletproof steel wheel bearing.
The CorteX drop spindle and hub assembly provide the interface between the suspension and the wheels and tires.
Unsurpassed Strength and Versatility
A properly designed suspension can only do its job if the spindle is up to the task of transferring all of the load and controlling the geometry. These lightweight billet spindles offer unsurpassed strength, rigidity, and versatility all in a tidy package.
- Main upright body
- Lower ball joint mount and steering arm
- Upper ball joint mount
- Unitized hub and wheel bearing assembly (non-serviceable) with integral wheel speed sensor
- Tapered Tie rod hole for use without optional bump-steer kit
- Lower ball joint has 7 degree tapered ball joint for use with SN95 Mustang ball joints, but can easily be reamed to the larger K727 ball joint.
- Upper ball joint taper is for K772 ball joints.
- Camber adjustment can be done at upper ball joint mount using shims.
- Ford 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern
- 10 Degree Angled Ball Joint Plate Set (UCA-1001) is required when upgrading from OEM SN95 to Radial X drop spindles (for SN95 or Fox SLA required)
- Custom Geometry and custom Ball Joint Taper and/or Locations (upper and lower) are available upon quotation; contact us (6-8 week lead time)
Compatible Brake Systems:
Design to be used with S197 braking systems
- OEM 4 Piston Brembo Calipers (2007-2013 GT500, 2011-2014 Boss 302, 2011-2014 GT PP)
- Wilwood Aero6 14 x 1.25 or 15 x 1.25, 2005-2014 Mustang
- Stoptech ST40 or STR40, 355 x 32 Rotors for 2005-2014 Mustang
- Stoptech ST60 or STR60, 355 x 32 or 380 x 32 rotors for 2005-2014 Mustang
- Brembo XA2.E7 4-piston (E7), 2005-2014 Mustang application 355 x 32 mm rotors
- Brembo FF6 Pista 355 or 380mm 2005-2014 Mustang
- Brembo XB105 Calipers with both 355x32mm, 380x32mm rotors, 380x34mm, and also 380x35mm
- Brembo XA6 and XA4 Calipers with 380x32mm rotors or 380x35mm
- Wilwood Aero6 with 14×1.25 rotors
- AP Radi-Cal 2005-2014 Mustang kit 372 x 34mm rotor
- Baer 6R/S Calipers 14×1.25 rotors 2005-2014 Mustang
- Baer 6P Calipers and 14×1.25 rotors 2005-2014 Mustang
If you do not already own these brakes we can offer you attractive pricing since we are factory direct with Stoptech, Brembo, Wilwood, and Baer. Just ask and we will get you a package quote.
- All rotors and hat packaged must be for 05-14 Mustang S197 application
Note: Sold separately, does not include brake brackets
*For use on all CorteX SLA Systems and also others such as GR350 and GR40 systems as well as and many other custom vehicle applications. Ball Joint Tapers: Moog 772 upper, Ford Fox/SN95 Lower. It can be reamed to fit Moog 727 or any 7 deg taper.